Jennifer Aniston, Jon Stewart laugh about their awkward first date


By Kate Hogan, PEOPLE.com
August 20, 2010 6:19 p.m. EDT

Jennifer Aniston and Jon Stewart reminisced about the meal they shared in NYC more than a decade ago.

(PEOPLE.com) -- Before Pitt, Vaughn and Mayer, there was Stewart -- Jon Stewart, that is.

When Jennifer Aniston visited "The Daily Show" Thursday night, the talk-show host reminded her that they'd shared a romantic Italian meal in New York City more than a decade ago. But their recollections of the evening were, to say the least, somewhat conflicting.

"I asked you out," Stewart said. "And it was lovely. I remember you brought so many of your friends. And I remember thinking, 'She's so excited to be on a date with me, she wants me to get to know her posse.' "

Aniston saw things differently. "If I remember correctly, wasn't it sort of like, 'Hey, a group of us are going out, do you want to join?' " she asked.

Regardless of who possesses the better memory, Stewart still has fond feelings for his would-be flame. "You were lovely then and lovely now," he said.

See full article at PEOPLE.com