Jon Stewart on Crossfire

.

.


“why do we have to fight?”
“why do you argue? I hate to see it.” - “we enjoy it.”
“I’ve mention this show (crossfire) as bad.  not so much as bad as hurting America. Here is what I want to say – Stop. Stop, stop, stop hurting America. We (as people) need your help. Right now you are helping politicians and corporations. We are left out there. You are part of their strategy. ”
Holding politicians feet to the fire, I think this is disingenuous
I think debate is great. But it is like saying pro-wrestling is athletic competition.
You are doing theater, when you are should be doing debate. It is not honest. What you are doing is partisan hackery.  
You have responsibility to public discourse. You failed miserably.
They are not making honest argument

Why is it so hard, difficult, or impossible for politicians to answer a straight and simple question?
I don’t think it is hard. Nobody hold their feet to fire, so they don’t have to.  
.